Sunday, April 2, 2017

Wandering, I mean, Wondering

Sunshine and freckles and a warped idea of love.
So full of flaws that I've come to wear them like precious jewels around my neck.
Come here, my darling, I'll give you a hug and some hope.
There was a time when all I ever wanted to be was what I am right now.
And now I just want to be more.
Someday I'll have everything I want and I'll just miss a day like today.
Warm and springy with a hint of a breeze.
Burned hands and a cold shoulder.
Sometimes don't you wonder what God sees.
Like if He's got us all dangling from His angels fingers on puppet strings.
He writes our lives like poems awfully well, with the way one meshes right in with the next.
I guess He thinks witch knots in horse manes is pretty cause they sure twist and weave.
He's got one heart broke and another the same, just waiting to throw them in the pot together.
A plan here and one there and He dances through it all like these cares are light as a feather.
He watches each tear fall and feels each one like a knife in His chest.
But I guess you've probably pondered all that by now.
Laid out beneath the stars just wondering how the world goes round.
I have a tendency to fear the fall so deeply that I never even spread my wings.
There's old memories that haunt the dark sides of my eyelids and I'll probably never shake them.
I stared at my own hell.
And at some point, you will too.
But that's okay, builds character and strength so they say.
Now I'm just rambling once again but you're tough, I'm sure of it.
You can fail and you can fall.
But you'll stand and you'll wipe your eyes, you'll do just fine.
You've got two feet beneath you that have you propped up for some divine reason.
I hope you can find it in your heart to see that.
So I'll leave you with something short but oh so dear;

"Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
And wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27:14


XoXo, Gussie

No comments:

Post a Comment