Also, a GREAT BIG HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO READS OUR BLOG! WE LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU!!!!
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers...the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another. What to do:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
About the Sisters:
- LOVES; HORSES, COFFEE and JESUS!
Gussie: reading, the old time cowgirls, nail polish, lipstick, boots and clothes, what can I say, there's still that "girl" part in cowgirl. Kricket: music, black and white photos, hanging out in the saddle shop listening to stories, roping, riding, meeting new people!
- We would love to meet Bertha Blancett, it sounds to us she was a real bad *ss in her day :)Also, Annie Oakley, Mabel Strickland and all the other early cowgirls!
- Nicknames: Many of you probably don't know that Gussie's real name is actually Agusta but we call her Gus, Gussie, Gussie Lou, Lou and almost anything but Agusta- she prefers it that way!
When Gussie was just a little runt, she couldn't say Kricket's name. So she said "Chet Chet" it's one of Kricket's nicknames to this day. Plus, Krick and uh well many other things hehe
- Bet you guys didn't know we both learned to play the fiddle and Gussie also learned to play the guitar. Krick still plays sometimes but it's time for a new fiddle! Never enjoyed contests but we like to play on the porch and by the fire with dad!
- Favorite Horses;
--Gussie: Smokey and Biscuit--Kricket: Paint
- Something very important to us:
--Gussie: Horses. I wouldn't want to live without 'em.
- Favorite Artist:
--Gussie: Liberty Proffit Day and Adrian Buckaroogirl. Adrian's "Crazy Cowgirl" is amazing
--Kricket: Liberty Proffit Day
- Something we collect:
--Gussie: Notebooks full of things I've written. I get attached easily, so I guess there is a collection of horses in my heart.
--Kricket: old rusty things that I find in random places!
- Something I was fascinated with:
--Gussie: I've always been fascinated with horses, still am. When I was little I rode a big horse and it always fascinated me that he took care of me the way he did and that he knew when I cried to just let me hang around his neck. Horses are in that realm between God and worldly things.
--Kricket: Rocks! I used to come home with my pants and hoodies' pockets full of rocks and snail shells after hunting with dad! Mom loved it when it was time to do laundry! ;)I still am fascinated but I don't collect them much anymore haha
- Something you enjoy daydreaming about:
--Gussie: Even though I do enjoy it, I don't have much choice. I daydream about horses. On a constant. If you give me time to think about anything, there's horses running through my mind.
--Kricket: Bits and spurs! I have a collection of pictures of bits and spurs that I like, I just like to look a lot because I can't afford them all!
- Song that makes your heart happy when it comes on the radio?
--Spanish Ranch Cowboy by Adrian and Sage In Her Hair by Dave Stamey
- Why do you blog?
--Because we thought other bloggers were cool, and why not?
- Do you prefer the desert or trees?
--Anywhere on a horse. - the desert is hot, the pines are pretty but no matter what, oakbrush sucks.
- If you rope, how old were you when you started roping?
--Kricket started when she was like 8, Gussie started when she was 13 or 14 ish
- What makes you, YOU!
--Gussie: Boots and hats and the way I talk, but most of all, horses.
--Kricket: The people and things I love and that make me happy; my family, horses, sunflowers, music, being outside, and lots of other things I can't think of right now!
- What makes your heart skip a beat and pitter patter with excitement?
--Gussie: Nice horses and cute guys on nice horses. Baby colts, songs, I get chills a lot when I hear songs or when I watch buckin horses outta the chute. I like 'em I guess.
--Kricket: Seeing little kids that can flat ride, or are just learning to rope and they are just tiny! It makes me so happy!
- Favorite rodeo event?
--Saddle Bronc riding. No contest.
- Who is your biggest role model?
--Liz and Adrian Brannan and Emily Fuhriman
- If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?
--Buy a ranch, a bunch of good colts and some cows :)
- What's a hobby you enjoy?
--Gussie: Riding horses, roping, writing poetry and stories, goofing off and being professionally out of control.
--Kricket: Making cinches, fixing things- I like seeing how stuff works and learning how to do things myself. I like to draw, but I have to be in the right mood for anything to turn out!
- Favorite drink?
--Kricket: Arizona tea, the strawberry lemonade one! And coffee... Random fact- I am a very indecisive person, as I am sure you can tell!
- Favorite piece of clothing?
- How do you want people to remember you?
--Gussie: I wanna be the girl that spoke your heart when you couldn't, with my writing. I wanna be the girl that could really rope and the girl that was funny and smart and the girl that all the horses fell in love with. Also, the girl that could work hard and look pretty when she did it. I wanna be a Buckaroo Barbie.
--Kricket: A really awesome, tough but dainty, young lady who did what she wanted to do, was successful, and loved herself and her life.
Dang the no tag back rule!!!
- Jessica Hedges at Jessica Hedges Cowboy Poetry
- Jennifer Whiteley at Ramblings From a Ranch Wife
- Emily Fuhriman at Fuhriman Ranch
- Adrian Brannan at Buckaroogirl
- Jaboe Garrett at One Eared Horse Snort
Questions For Our Nominees:
- Favorite childhood pet?
- Something that makes you happy?
- Something not everyone knows about you?
- What you like to learn about?
- If you've been bucked off, when was your first time and what happened?
- Favorite pair of boots?
- If you collect something, what is it?
- Value that is most important to you?
- Are you someone who likes to stand out? Or are you someone who doesn't like to draw a lot of attention to yourself?
- What is your most treasured achievement or award and goal reached?
- "Your" hobby, what's your thing?
This thing literally took Kricket and I like 4 days to complete. So hard for us haha
Thanks though!!! :) hope you enjoyed it --
The Keetch Sisters