Monday, September 23, 2024

Joy

I’ve always wrote about pain

And of all of the unjust things


I’ve never known how to write about joy 


Someday I want to tho


Someday I want to write for you about the most beautiful things


Like


A morning sunrise so crimson and so gold 


That it actually heals some piece of your soul


Every blood blister, every bruise, every broken heart, every false I love you


Was a price you paid up front 


For all the true love, true peace and true joy now before you


Happiness is overrated 


It’s temporary and materialistic


Here in this moment and gone in the next 


I want you to feel pure joy 


To sit in the presence of God 


With the sounds of brood mares grazing and stomping and the panting of tired dogs 


To feel the warmth of sun on your face on that first hint of spring day


To smell a batch of cookies fresh out of the oven and a gentle hand holding yours


The little gifts of bliss


Someday I’ll write you something beautiful 


Something you can feel deep in your bones


Xoxo, Gussie 



No comments:

Post a Comment