Thursday, September 5, 2024

Make it sound like a cowboy story.

I feel a morning breeze trotting on the creek bank

The sound of sand hill cranes talking to me

And I’m just so damn thankful I’m not in the place I used to be 


I walked away with silver, diamonds and scars


I took a couple horses and what’s left of my little ol' shredded heart 


That makes it sound like a cowboy story


In a way I guess it was


You couldn’t pay me to go back to that toxic life that you call home 


You hate yourself so much you wanted me to hate you too


Hell I’ll give you credit


You put effort into that if nothing else


I prayed for your safety on a random day in February


Didn’t know why for a couple weeks


You forget that God and my gut tell me things 


I hope the man in the glass looking back at you can look you in the eyes


And I hope someday you learn what love is


The air is changing


Fall is flirting with me in the mornings


I can’t tell if I’m happy to see her or not


I feel like I’m home again in Wyoming


That makes it sound like a cowboy story


In a way I guess it is


XoXo, Gussie





No comments:

Post a Comment