Thursday, May 30, 2024

Anything


I guess the whiskey was sweeter than me

And the high off that ice cold snow was warmer than me too

I guess honesty leaves burn marks on a liar


You thought your secrets you’d take to your grave


But they live inside my brain


You’re a murderer


No, you don’t sit on death row


You didn’t murder much


Just my little ol’ soul


You gutted my heart


Stripped it of its worth


All the while I held close and protected yours 


Tear drops on my saddle horn 


Guess you never did care much 


Didn’t matter to you that I was ever born 


That’d be just fine


If you hadn’t gave me your word


Your world was too full of vices


Anything to numb the pain


If nothing else you gave me what you could of yours


The gaping wound you couldn’t heal yourself


I guess I’ll wear it around for you now 


I turn all the lights off


Just me, the whiskey and words


Some things never change 


And everything will never be the same 


xoxo, Gussie


No comments:

Post a Comment